The 50th Anniversary of the Mahanay Memorial Carillon was celebrated in grand style of October 16, 2016, which was the exact date of the original dedication in 1966. Dignitaries from the past were invited to attend.
- The original dedication ceremony was performed by local men reading a great review of how the Mahanay Memorial Carillon came into existence.
- To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the tower, Jefferson High School Alumni David Williamson read a collaborative community poem entitled “Tower Notes: Almost Home”. See poem & hear David read it at this link: Poem
- Each of the bell donors were introduced and presented with a certificate of their gift.
- The Methodist Bell Choir played, the Greene County Singers sang, and a combined Town & Country Band with the Greene County High School Band played prelude music and led Happy Birthday at the end.
- Birthday cake made by local high school students was enjoyed by all following this ceremony.
- A large crowd of over 400 people enjoyed the festivities of the day.